Friday, December 30, 2011

Unexpected Christmas blessing... A Return

You know, I really didn't want to stop blogging. It was a harder sacrifice than I thought it would be but I figured that emotions were a lousy leader and I aught to stick to my decision. My final post had been up for a few days before the Chief read it and asked me about it. Why did you decide to stop? he asked. You should have talked to me about it first.

That hadn't occurred to me. I figured it was kind of a gift to him, this sacrifice. I would become a better wife and mother. He's always been a bit quiet about the blog... I think just allowing me that space to write on my own. I figured it was neither here nor there in his regular thoughts.

Why did you stop? he wanted to know. I told him I thought I should eliminate such distractions until I could become a better wife and mother. I have a lot of rough edges. Time to crack down.

You should have talked with me first. You should continue. It is a healthy outlet for you.


That was all. I was surprised. And grateful. The reasons for my initial decision still exist but my husband offered me simple clarity and blessing. It was a very short conversation but a great gift.

You should continue. Okay.

So it is with humility that I reenter the blogosphere nine days after I announced that I had left it. I told you I was fickle! Honestly, I was committed to leaving it as it was but for the word of my husband. My deepest gratitude and affection to my steady and handsome Chief!




14 comments:

  1. praise God! i was already missing you.

    please thank the chief for me.

    ALL FOR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a strong loving and insightful husband you have, indeed a great blessing for you. and heaven sent, no doubt. welcome back. I don't comment enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see you're back to blogging. Your blog has been a source of inspiration for me on many occasions. I'm happy your husband encouraged you to keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! I'll make sure the Chief gets the message. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the continuation of your Blossoming Joy! God always sees fit that we are using our gifts, doesn't he? Praise God for the sounding board in your Chief partner:). Don't worry, you are not alone in fickleness! Merry Christmas to dear you and family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy that you are back! God pairs us with our husbands to help balance us out, don't you think? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thank you! I just discovered your blog a month or two ago so I am glad you won't be going just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurray. I like your blog. Sometimes it doesn't occur to me to tell my husband stuff either, then he gets upset. I totally relate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your husband is a wonderful supporter of you! I can understand why you'd want to step away since it can be time consuming but I agree with your husband. If what you blog about honors God (and yours certainly does) then you must blog! The Holy Spirit spoke through your husband so you can continue to bless us all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for supportive husbands!

    I'm a new follower and fellow Catholic Mother Online. Please feel free to stop by my blog! :o)

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I'm so happy to hear this, Melody! I checked your blog on a whim and am delighted at my finding :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This makes my day! I missed this post earlier and then saw you had a new post and just about cheered! You're on of my favorite bloggers and I am soooo glad your still writing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If you take the time to comment, I'll do my best to take the time to reply!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails