Sunday, December 11, 2011

Catholic Christmas Gifts and Easy Wrapping...

In case you Catholic Playmobil fans haven't seen this yet...
Found these just in time for St. Nicholas day. How could I pass up a Playmobil bishop?? They were a huge hit with the kids.

I love the idea of reusable fabric gift bags for Christmas....

Gift Bags photo by Alice Cantrell
It's a little too late for me to make fabric gift bags but I plan on doing this next year for our immediate family. I dread present wrapping night. Thinking about it right now is causing me actual anxiety. I have tried to wrap ahead of time but the paper gets ripped and there is no good place to hide everything. So, the night before Christmas is my time. Hours and hours. Burning back. Bleary-eyed. While the Chief falls asleep in the big tan chair. lol I consider that things have gone well if I'm in bed before 4:00am. It's odd. It never seems like there should be that much to do; but between the extremely late bed time after the Christmas Eve mass and normal familial interruptions, it just gets late quickly. Next year I will just be popping stuff into pretty reusable bags.

Check out these lovely bags at A Number of Things. I could rush this but that wouldn't be any easier than an all-night wrapping party really. If I plan for next year,  I'll be able to shop discount fabric and sew well ahead of December 2012.

1 comment:

  1. I've wanted to get that St. Nicholas and now that we're shifting our "story" from Santa in the North pole with elves to help make presents to St. Nicholas in heaven giving the presents, this would be perfect.

    My husband actually likes "wrapping night". We pop in a movie, eat popcorn and enjoy some adult beverages while doing awful wrapping jobs. It's kind of fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If you take the time to comment, I'll do my best to take the time to reply!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails