Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Foolish, foolish woman... He still loves you

If you look at my walking ticker on the right hand side of my blog, you will see that I am not doing much walking. This is due in part to the fact that I have injured my big toe and cannot walk well. You are all people of great compassion and love and you might well ask after my well being. I have anticipated your thoughtfulness and answer some questions below...

How did you injure your toe?

I kicked a toy. 

Did you intend to kick the toy?

Yes.

Have you ever kicked a toy before this incident?

Never so large a toy and never with so much force.

How is the toy?

The toy is fine. It was found in the corner of the room slightly shaken but with no visible trauma.

How is the toe?

Painful. Swollen. Bruised.

Have you had it x-rayed?

No. I have not yet embraced the humility required to spend money and time on finding out if my foolish actions will require more time and money. 


What does your husband think about all this?

My husband has been very kind and did not scold me but only laughed at me gently. He thinks that going to the doctor would be a good idea but has so far allowed me to refuse. 


What have you learned from this incident?

That I can be outrageously foolish in any given moment... and that American doll horses are rather well made.... and that I'm always in need of grace and the fatherly mercy and embrace that only my sweet Lord can give me.


UPDATE: The toe is broken.


(Need a little pick-me-up, too? The kids introduced me to this delightful song (Hold Me) from Christian artist, Jamie Grace. "Lord, I love the way You hold me.")


2 comments:

  1. God bless you for your humility. We can always look back on these incidents and praise God for the opportunity to press the "reset" button:) Our wounded spirit is so fragile isn't it? Saying a little prayer for you and that big toe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tiffany... for this and for all your comments, prayers and support. It is sisters like you who make blogging well worth it! God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If you take the time to comment, I'll do my best to take the time to reply!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails