Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Memories of Dirt and Beautiful Losses...

Good memories...

Two years ago, we hosted a Dirt Party for the kids... in thanksgiving for the gift of God's beautiful creation and specifically, dirt.

Mud pies ready for judging.

We also said hello and goodbye to tiny Baby Matthew Athanasius. We have no pictures and will have to wait until heaven to see the details of his precious face, but we have images of the siblings and cousins as they dance around the graves of the precious innocents.... a beautiful foreshadowing!

A beautiful day to say our temporary goodbyes.
It seemed unlikely to happen, but my love for the little one who left us so quickly has only grown with time. My desire to see him increases. My joy at knowing he lives and waits blossoms. Thanks be to God!







1 comment:

  1. How lovely that you have a place to go to remember your little one! I also am awaiting the day when I can meet my little ones face to face. Now, to live my life in a way that makes me worthy to share heaven with them...that's the hard part!

    Love the mud pies! Did you make "dirt cake" to go with it? Crushed up cookies cover the frosting to look like dirt with gummy worms poking out every which way...yes, I was an elementary education major...can you tell? :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If you take the time to comment, I'll do my best to take the time to reply!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails