Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Beautiful Advent...

I had many plans for this Advent. I wanted to make it truly beautiful and focused this year, to prepare our hearts for Christmas better than we ever have before. I still plan on proceeding with that goal but won't be able to incorporate as many household activities as I would like due to the fact that construction is still going on. We are in the final phase (I think) but I am pessimistic about being finished by Christmas.

At any rate, I've collected quite a number of inspiring Advent ideas from some fantastic blogs. I may not be able to use them this year but I'm eager to share them!


The above photo is a Christmas crib designed and built by the amazing Catholic mother (Anne) at Under Her Starry Mantle. I love this idea. It has all of the sparkle power of a lighted Christmas tree added to the sublime beauty of the traditional nativity scene. The photo shows their empty crib (except for the angel) and the children will add figures each Sunday of advent.




O Antiphon Ornaments 


I'm also rather taken with her O Antiphon ornaments.
These do not look complicated but they are beautiful.









Advent Cubes 


This is one idea that I am using but have modified somewhat to adjust to our limitations this year. The instructions look a little overwhelming at first but I promise that they're not that bad. One adjustment I had to make was using fewer cubes than the ideal. The craft store didn't have enough and I couldn't justify a second trip, so we had to squeeze in some Jesse tree symbols and will be starting our cubes on the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe instead of the beginning of Advent. No big deal.

Find full instructions and many more ideas at O Night Divine .


Catholic Cuisine 


If you haven't yet been to Catholic Cuisine then you'd better bookmark it asap! The abundance of creative and beautiful meal and feast day ideas is incredible. I certainly don't have time to try every one of the ideas (I'm grateful if I can manage one every once in a while) but I appreciate the inspiration to keep the liturgical year at the forefront of my daily planning and to bring more beauty to my home.

Some ideas from their holiday kitchens:


St. Lucy's Bread - December 13

O Antiphons - Begin December 17
I also found some lovely ideas for incorporating the O Antiphons into the household and table. And a nice template of symbols that could be used in a multitude of ways.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If you take the time to comment, I'll do my best to take the time to reply!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails