I am particularly taken with Alice Cantrell's newest book Tea and Cake With the Saints . I had intended to use it as a curriculum supplement but it is special enough to reserve as a Christmas or birthday gift for Cookie.
The text, illustrations and projects are so beautiful and perfectly delightful for "little" girls of all ages. After I removed the shrink wrap and looked through a few pages, I promptly ran off to the bathroom (the one room with the highest possibility of privacy) to pour over every page. What a treat!
I'll be giving the book as part of a package. Tea and Cake will be the central gift with supplies that coordinate to the various projects filling in the rest of the package. Some examples of these goodies might include:
- A bundle of fabric and ribbon for use with gardening apron instructions and various other projects.
- Seed packets for a Mary garden.
- Pretty cardstock for recipe cards, invitations and spiritual bouquet projects.
- Dry ingredients for recipes.
- A variety of teas for a tea party.
- A special tea cup and saucer or tea set.
- A blank journal or scrapbook for collecting recipes, crafts and other hospitality ideas.
If you have not had the pleasure of seeing Alice Cantrell's first book, Sewing with Saint Anne , I highly recommend purchasing the set for any female in your life who has a love of the feminine arts.
And to all blog lovers, you will definitely profit from a visit to Cantrell's beautiful blog, A Number of Things. A truly lovely and profitable way to spend some spare time. The first time I visited I knew very quickly that I was "visiting" with a friend. A little Tea and Cake would make the visit complete!